Athlete travel grants now available
07 February 2018
Member for Euroa and Deputy Leader of The Nationals Steph Ryan is encouraging athletes across the Euroa electorate to apply for a grant through the latest round of the Athlete Pathway Travel Grants Program.
Ms Ryan said the grants program helps Victorian athletes, particularly those in rural and regional areas, to cover travel costs related to their sporting activities.
“Aspiring athletes, teams, coaches and officials from country Victoria often need a helping hand with travel and accommodation costs,” Ms Ryan said.
“Support is available to assist athletes, coaches, officials and teams with the travel costs of participating in training and competition, and for high performance Victorian athletes and teams to compete at national championships or selection events.”
The program has two categories.
Category 1 – State-Sporting Associations
- Grants of up to $6,000 are available for teams with a maximum of $1,000 per team member
- Grants for individuals are available up to a maximum of $2,000
- Travel from 1 July 2018 – 31 December 2018
Category 2 – Community Organisations
- Victorian community organisations delivering sport and active recreation opportunities can apply for up to two grants per funding round of $750 each to assist athletes, coaches, officials and teams with the travel costs of training and competition.
- Travel after 6 March 2018 to 31 December 2018.
Applications close on 6 March 2018.
For more information, please contact Steph Ryan’s office on (03) 5762 1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.