Grants for sporting facilities now available
30 July 2015
Member for Euroa and Deputy Leader of The Nationals Steph Ryan is encouraging councils and community organisations in the Euroa electorate to consider applying for funding through The Community Sports Infrastructure Fund.
Ms Ryan said the program aimed to provide high-quality, accessible community sport and recreation facilities across Victoria.
“A range of grants is on offer including funding for planning, building new, and improving existing facilities where communities conduct, organise and participate in sport and recreation.
“Sport plays such an important role in regional communities and I encourage local councils and community organisations to consider making an application,” Ms Ryan said.
Grants available include:
- Better Pools - Grants of up to $3 million to build new or upgrade existing aquatic centres;
- Major Facilities - Grants of up to $650,000 to develop or upgrade major sport and recreation facilities;
- Small Aquatic Project - Grants of up to $200,000 to upgrade pools and aquatic leisure facilities;
- Minor Facilities - Grants of up to $100,000 to develop or upgrade local sport and recreation facilities;
- Female Friendly Facilities - Grants of up to $100,000 to build new or upgrade existing change rooms to prioritise female participation;
- Cricket Facilities - Grants of up to $100,000 to develop or upgrade cricket facilities;
- Planning - Grants of up to $30,000 to fund initiatives that assess the future sport and recreation needs of local communities, and up to $50,000 for regional planning initiatives.
For more information, visit: http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/community-sports-infrastructure-fund or call Steph Ryan’s office on 03 5762 2100.