Nominate, celebrate and support our local businesses
04 February 2016
Thursday 4 February 2016
Member for Euroa and Deputy Leader of The Nationals Steph Ryan today called on the community to celebrate the success of local businesses by nominating them for the 2016 Telstra Australian Business Awards.
For 24 years the national awards program has recognised the best of Australia’s entrepreneurial spirit and the courage of small and medium business, helping them reach new levels of success.
“Euroa’s businesses and the people who run them are central to the strength of the local economy. It’s important for us to acknowledge them and continue to encourage their growth,” Ms Ryan said.
“It takes an incredible amount of sacrifice and tenacity to run a business, and we see this every day in businesses within the Euroa electorate. Nominating is a wonderful way to recognise our local success stories,” she said.
Ms Ryan said nominating a business will give them the opportunity to be recognised among Australia’s best small and medium businesses.
Anyone can nominate a business they admire, with entries open from 3 February until
23 March 2016 across five Award categories:
- New Business Award – for businesses operating for one to three years with up to 500 employees
- Micro Business Award – for businesses with five employees or less
- Small Business Award – for businesses with more than five employees but less than 50
- Medium Business Award – for businesses with more than 50 employees but less than 500
- Charity Award – ACNC registered with DGR status, between one and 500 employees and an annual income of between $250,000 and $10,000,000
The Victorian dinner and Awards will be presented on 19th July 2016.
To nominate or enter the Awards, go to www.telstrabusinessawards.com or call the Telstra Australian Business Awards on 1800AWARDS for further information.