Ryan calls for nominations to celebrate local business women
18 May 2016
Wednesday 18 May 2016
Communities across the Euroa electorate are being encouraged to nominate an exceptional businesswoman for the 2016 Telstra Business Women’s Awards.
Member for Euroa and Deputy Leader of The Nationals Steph Ryan said the awards recognise and reward the courage, leadership and creativity of Australia’s most brilliant business women and play a critical role in raising the profile of women in business.
“There are many business women right across the Euroa electorate from a diverse range of working backgrounds who are achieving great things,” Ms Ryan said.
“These are women who are actively involved in their communities and driving positive change and economic growth both close to home and more broadly across Victoria and our nation.
“I encourage everyone to consider recognising an influential woman they know by making a nomination.”
There are five award categories in Australia and one new category within Asia:
- Entrepreneur Award – open to owners with a 25 per cent share or more in a business they’ve been operating for a minimum of one year.
- For purpose and Social Enterprise Award – open to owners or employees that deliver positive social/environmental change as their core mission
- Public Sector and Academia Award – open to employees of government departments, educational institutions and statutory bodies
- Corporate and Private Award – open to employees in the private and corporate sectors, including leaders and owners with less than 25 per cent share in a business
- Young Business Women’s Award – Entrants in any of the qualifying categories who are aged 29 years and under as at 20 June 2016, are automatically eligible for this category
- Business Woman in Asia Award – open to residents of Asia who are employees in the private and corporate sectors, including corporate leaders and owner with less than 25 per cent share in a business
For more information visit www.telstrabusinesswomensawards.com or call the Telstra Business Women’s Awards on 1800 817 536 for further information.
Nominations close Monday 20 June 2016.